Through out this course of my photography class I have learned plenty of new and exciting techniques starting with cameras to Photoshop. In the beginning of day one I was a rookie with all the technology materials that we were being introduced. Mrs. Cook started off with simple steps and also introduced the class and myself about different famous artists, I enjoyed learning about them because I wasn’t familiar with all these cool artists she mentioned about. We each have a portfolio for our class to share pieces of work we have accomplished, which is a great idea so that we can all stay updated including with the post page and also to share our portfolio from home to our parent and family or friends in general. I feel that by having a portfolio makes us more organized and also it’s an easier way so that Ms. Cook can grade all her classes by click of the main page, with the portfolios she knows what we’ve posted and is updated herself.
In my portfolio you will find pictures we have taken, the top ones are the most recent pictures and the bottom are from the beginning. Starting with the last picture my partner and I were practicing on comprehending the rule of 3rds, leading lines was a second type of picture that we took, my partner is standing on grass while being lead by sprinkler tops. We also learned about shooting macro shots, we got really into detail with this and also on texture photos. Using macro we really had to stay steady and close. After learning about macro we took extreme angle picture from a birds point of view and an ants point of view, this is one of my favorite techniques because I got to take a picture of my partner from an ant’s point of view and it makes him look extremely tall and it made his shoes looked big.
There are plenty of more styles of picture we learned about and my social issue picture was influenced by Barbara Kruger, an artist Ms. Cook taught us about. The most recent one has been the lyrics picture, we used words that meant something to us and also song lyrics and used Photoshop to create a really cool look to the picture by adding a shadow of words, and it was very artistic. Although I struggled with Photoshop I now know about layers, folders, paintbrushes and many more exciting things about Photoshop. Ms. Cook was very helpful and had a lot of patience waiting on the slower learners. I was most successful with the overlay pictures I like creating overlays and moving the pictures around as a matter of fact we also created a blogger header for the top of our profiles and we used overlays and text.
Through out the course I feel I’ve been successful by learning how to use Photoshop in general because I didn’t know how to use it at all, and I would like to download it at home and keep on working with it. I have seen improvement in my picture ideas I kind of struggled in the begging but now I just comes to me and I’m more creative. In the future I can improve on working more with backgrounds and creating settings for a fiction theme on a picture I’d like to accomplish that. Well hope everyone can enjoy my portfolio and picture.
1 comment:
I think you need to choose a smaller/skinnier font against this black, the thick letters are too contrasty. Your portfolio other then the colors and fonts which are a little intense, looks nice. You have done some good work this sememster. I like your social issue, i think it turned out very nice.
I want you to take that creativity and expression that I know you have and I see in your work and push it to the limits next semester using all the tricks you've learned along the way.
Post a Comment